Curbside Recycling Temporarily Suspended in Response to COVID-19
The Recycling and Trash Collection Division temporarily suspended curbside recycling pick up to protect employees.This suspension begins Monday, March 23, and will remain in place until further notice. All residential yard waste compost collection and residential/small commercial trash collection services will remain unchanged at this time.
Because the curbside recycling program requires hand sorting of recyclables in each green 18-gallon recycling bin and there are many unknowns about how long the COVID-19 virus remains viable on surfaces, this service is being suspended to limit community spread of the virus.
Existing Locations (DIY, sort yourself):
- Happy Hollow Recycling Drop-Off, located at 1420 S. Happy Hollow Road (open 24 hours per day, all year long)
- Marion Orton Recycling and Residential Compost Drop-Off, located at 735 W. North Street (temporarily open 24 hours per day)
Temporary Locations (DIY, sort yourself):
- Boys and Girls Club, located at 560 N. Rupple Road
- Gary Hampton Field, located at 2790 N. Salem Road
- Northwest Arkansas Mall (southwest corner parking lot - near JCPenny), located at 4201 N. Shiloh Dr.
Bin Information: How to sort your items and where to place your bin
- Customers are supplied with up to two bins free of charge. To purchase more bins, contact the office at 479-575-8398.
- Place all containers (plastic bottles #1 and #2, glass bottles, steel and aluminum cans) in one bin and all paper (mixed paper, newspaper, cardboard, and paperboard) in the other.
- Flatten all boxes and place large cardboard pieces underneath your bins when you set them out.
- Stack newspapers on top of mixed papers for easy sorting by our drivers. Newspaper and mixed paper may be separated in a reusable bag available at the Recycling and Trash Collection Division.
- Labels and caps do not have to be removed from recyclables.
- Do not place needles, tobacco products, diapers, broken glass, or other trash in with your recyclable materials.
- Remove all liquid, food residue, and plastic linings from containers.
- Place your recycling bin at the curb by 5 a.m. or the night before your collection day.
- Place your recycling bin within 6 feet of the roadway, and at least 3 feet from your trash cart.
- If a street has a sidewalk adjacent to the curb, place bins at the back of the sidewalk to avoid impending access on the sidewalk.
- During inclement weather, place your paper and paperboard recycling in a bin with the lid securely fastened to keep material dry.